Remote Learning Information
Hello Spartans, I miss you! As we transition to remote learning starting April 7th, I want to share with you information specific to my classroom as well as the school-wide expectations during this time. Know that I miss seeing your faces in class each day and hope you and your families are well. We will get through this together.
Remote learning for my class will happen through Google Classroom. All assignments, announcements and important information will be posted there. All students are already in Google Classroom, as we have been using it since August, but on the off-chance you need the classroom codes again I will post them below. Parents and guardians, you can have your student add you as a ‘guardian’ on Google Classroom so that you have access and get notifications regarding assignments.
Google Classroom Codes:
Period 1: 6iktn3r
Period 2: 7eeote3
Period 3: b7isal5
Period 4: 443twgz
We will also be utilizing NoRedInk for grammar instruction, ActivelyLearn for close reading, and Turnitin.com for essay submission. These assignments will be posted and linked in the Google classroom. For ActivelyLearn and NoRedInk, you do not need an additional sign-in, remember to just click “sign in with Google.” For Turnitin.com you will need to set up an account using your school email if you have not already and use the class codes I will post below. If you are having issues signing into any of these sites, let me know and I can help you trouble-shoot. (I suggest testing this now rather than waiting until you have an assignment due.)
Turnitin.com Classroom Codes:
Period 1: Enrollment Key: Perio1rocks Class ID: 22250166
Period 2: Enrollment Key: Period2rocks Class ID: 22250201
Period 3: Enrollment Key: Period3rocks Class ID: 22250217
Period 4: Enrollment Key: Period4rocks ClassID: 22250238
Period 6: Enrollment Key: Period6rocks Class ID:22250258
We will begin on Tuesday, April 7th following the schedule below. For each class period I will be hosting a LIVE class via Google Meets for the first 15 minutes of class to walk you through the online learning procedures and expectations (and to see your lovely faces).
I will post the link to access the Google Meeting to each individual Google Classroom section the morning of April 7th. Because we are on a block schedule, some students may not be meeting as a class until Wednesday, April 8th.
Week 1 Schedule: April 6th-10th
- Please see the schedule: Schedule
Schedule for April 13th-May 22nd
April 13th- May 22nd (not sure about what finals will look like yet)
|Time||Monday (Periods 1,3,7)||Tuesday(Periods 2,4,6,8)||Wednesday(Periods 1,3,7)||Thursday(Periods 2,4,6,8)||Friday|
|Teachers post work for students on their Google Classroom||Teachers post work for students on their Google Classroom||Teachers post work for students on their Google Classroom||Teachers post work for students on their Google Classroom||Planning/Department meetings Intervention meetings IEP Meetings|
|8:00- 8:45||Period 1||Period 2||Period 1||Period 2|
|9:00- 9:45||Period 3||Period 4||Period 3||Period 4|
|10:00-10:45||Period 7||Period 6||Period 7||Period 6|
|11:00-11:45||Period 8||Period 8|
|Lunch||Lunch available at PlaceBridge Academy & Joe Shoemaker||Lunch available at PlaceBridge Academy & Joe Shoemaker||Lunch available at PlaceBridge Academy & Joe Shoemaker||Lunch available at PlaceBridge Academy & Joe Shoemaker||Lunch available at PlaceBridge Academy & Joe Shoemaker|
|1:00-2:45||Office Hours and/orContent Team Meetings||Office Hours and/orContent Team Meetings||Office Hours and/orContent Team Meetings||Office Hours and/orContent Team Meetings||Planning/Department meetings Intervention meetings IEP Meetings|
|All week’s work must be submitted by student.|
Here are the student expectations as communicated by our Admin. Team:
Expectations for Students:
- Please see the schedule: Schedule
- Students will be experiencing a hybrid class to help them initiate learning and connect with their teachers as they would in a college environment.
- The first week (April 7th-April 10th), all students will have one assignment due in each class to figure out the schedule and the technology.
- Students’ attendance will be based upon participation in Google Classroom. You will have to complete an exit slip as part of their attendance.
- April 13th – May 22nd students will be expected to fully participate in on-line learning
- Be a full participant in their on-line learning opportunities
- Be required to participate in one on-line session per class every week, if scheduled for the class by the teacher
- Engage in interactive groups and chats, when assigned by the teacher
- Track their progress in Google Classroom (Schoology & Edgenuity) and Infinite Campus and advocate for their success in every class
- Follow all regular TJ classroom expectations and school rules
- Reach out to teachers when you have questions or need support
- If students have a Concurrent Enrollment course, students may be required to work outside of the scheduled time. Please connect with your instructor about specific college requirements which need to be met.
- Participate in office hours provided by the teachers. If there is a conflict in schedule students should contact the teacher, communicate the issue, and work with the teacher to resolve challenges
We will all:
- Be gracious and thankful for one another as we do our best to design, engage and refine a remote learning system that works for students and adults, alike
If you have any questions specific to this class do not hesitate to reach out: email@example.com. Otherwise, I look forward to continuing our learning starting Tuesday, April 7th.